Paraplatin (carboplatin) is a cancer medicament, which obstructs the maturation of cancer cells in the body, drags their growth and prevents their outspread in the body. It is utilized together with other cancer drugs to medicate ovarian malignant tumor. Paraplatin may also be utilized for purposes not cited here.
If any of the following side effects fall out while taking carboplatin,contact the doctor without time lag:
Pain at spot of injection
- Tarry and black stools
- Blood in stools or urine
- Cough, gruffness, attended by fever or chills
- Fever or chills
- Lower back and side pain
- Numbness or prickling in fingers or toes
- Painful urination, attended by chills and fever
Minor Side Effects
Carboplatin is the main ingredient of this medicate that can cause in some ordinary side effects and may not need any medical aid. The common side effects are listed below:
Nausea and emesis
Unusual weariness or weakness
Constipation or diarrhea
Loss of appetite
This medication may result in a temporary hair loss in some people. After treatment with the medicate has ended, natural hair growth should return.
Overall 286 medicates are known to interact with Paraplatin (carboplatin).
Some of those common medications checked in accumulation with Paraplatin (carboplatin) are listed below:
- Adriamycin (doxorubicin)
- Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide)
- Cytoxan Lyophilized (cyclophosphamide)
- Folic acid
- Etopophos (etoposide)
- Fludara (fludarabine)
- Hycamtin (topotecan)
- Leukeran (chlorambucil)
- You should not take Paraplatin if you have bone marrow suppression or intense bleeding.
- It can harm the kidneys with an increased effect when you also take certain other medications that are harmful to the kidneys.
- The medication should not be taken if you are hypersensitized to carboplatin or kindred medications such as oxaliplatin or cisplatin.
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- A weak immune system
- If you have received carboplatin in the past.
- If you are pregnant.
904, 9th floor, Sunshine Tower, Senapati Bapat Marg, Dadar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400012, India